Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wedding Bells

We are attending a wedding in a few minutes. My cousin's wedding, Allison. She was 26, and looked exactly like me, as if she was my twin as well. Same brown, red-highlighted hair, gray eyes, and pale skin. She was truly beautiful.

I was one of her bridesmaids, helping her get ready and everything else. All of her bridesmaids, including moi, wore a long, violet, gown with small, delicate flowers attached to the neckline, a pearl choker, and white shoes with our hair up in buns with white ribbon. I'd say the outfits she chose for us to wear were amazing. Very regal and beautiful. We were just about to go out, and we all held a bouquet of flowers.

So we all stood in our places and waited until Allison and her father arrived.

The music started playing, bellowing the enchanted piano songs and Allison walked. She walked ever so gracefully at her father's arms, until she met the podium and was with her soon-to-be-husband, Matt. I'd said they were probably the most lovely couple I had ever seen. They said their vows and we were almost at tears, I wasn't though, I tried not to be.

We went to the reception a few hours later. Talked to many family members. I met this boy, he was my age. He had dark brown hair, brown eyes, freckles, and coral peach lips. We kept talking and talking.  Turns out he was Matt's younger brother, named Cody. He was very kind and also... extremely handsome... probably more handsome than Drake. We talked about the wedding, about college, turns out he was going to the same college as I was, I was just thrilled at hearing that. Then we were all called to get food.

We ate king crab with delicate butter sauce, chicken, cheese, and rice, also a little bit of vegetables and some cider. I was so stuffed I didn't have any room for the cake. And, I don't typically like white cake at all.

There was this little girl, very small, petite, and fairy-like. She had dirty blonde short hair, blue eyes, and pale-white skin. She was walking around, seeming lonesome. Until I noticed that she was a ghost. I walked over to her whispering ,"Can I help you?" she got frightened and said ,"No. I'm Mary Lilly. I died quite a long time ago. I need help finding Miss Valerie." I whispered again ,"Who is Miss Valerie?" "She's my step-mother who killed me." she said and shuddered. "Really? That's terrible." I turned around checking on everything and turned back. Mary was gone.

My father, mother, Regina, and I all went home. It was pitch-black out and we were all so tired. As soon as I got out of the car I ran inside to my room. I opened the window to go and sit on the roof and enjoy the rest of the night. I then fell asleep to the quiet songs of the crickets...

- Harper

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like such a relaxing night!

This Cody character.....sounds oddly familiar... ;D

~Beth~

Harper Evaligne Spektor said...

Thanks Beth!

Does he? I never noticed...

- Harper