Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oh Dear, What Can I Say?

I woke up in the car with my sister saying ,"Harp, where do you want to buy dresses?" I sat up in the car seat and looked at her and said ,'Anthropologie." She then said ,"Alrighty."

So she drove to the Anthropologie store and we walked in. I admired all the sweet outfits on mannequins just dying to be bought by woman all-over. I then walked all the way back to the dress section of the store and looked and swooned at all the lovely dresses in many prints and colors. I wanted a black dress, not exactly "simple little-black-dress" but a black dress with a little touch of sweetness. My sister walked over to the bold prints, which wasn't exactly fall-ish. We were starting school in a few weeks as well, so I wanted a nice dress. I found this beautiful black dress that was very slimming, yet fitting, called the Quintessential Shift. It was of course black, it had a giant black ribbon on the right shoulder which was the spice I wanted. I picked it up and checked the price-tag. It was $198.00 U.S. I had enough money from working and my parents gave us both money. I walked to the fitting room where a very small lady stood wearing a pencil skirt, a blouse, and a scarf. She asked ,"Would you like to try those on Miss?" I replied with ,"Yes please!." She then gave me a fitting card with the number of items I was trying on.

I walked to my desired room and changed. The song You Picked Me by A Fine Frenzy chimed on. I whispered the lyrics to myself, very quietly. Just like I would be singing. It was very beautiful. I took my clothes off and slid the dress on me. It was very fitting and just as beautiful. Almost matching my dark, almost light hair. I loved it. I took the dress off and put my other clothes back on. As soon as I was about to head out to get my sister my phone buzzed with a text message from Drake. It read Hey Harp, do you want to go to the dance with me...? I thought I really don't know who to go with... *sigh* I know I just met Cody, but I have to say, I kind of like him just as much as I like Drake. But I've liked Drake longer, I feel like I've known Cody as long. Who do you think I should go with?

I walked out trying to find my sister. She had already purchased her dress. She told me to buy mine, and so I did. I paid the lady the money and walked back to my sister. We both got in the car and drove home. The dance was in 1 week from now...

- Harper

2 comments:

Rose said...

Ooh I really want to know if she will go to the dance or not, now! :)

Harper Evaligne Spektor said...

Depends on who to go with Rose.

- Harper