Friday, August 26, 2011

Dandelions in Bullet Holes

I woke up to the sweet sounds of the birds chirping. I realized I had slept on the roof, which I woke up on. I was stunned and crawled through my window back inside. Everyone was still asleep, so I thought I should make myself breakfast.

I walked down the stairs quietly, tip-toeing, and made my way past my parent's bedroom to the kitchen. The sunlight filled the room and little dust specks floated throughout the air. I walked to the cereal jars and scooped out Cheerios. Cheerios had been my favorite ever since I was young, they had a simple taste and they weren't bland like other healthy cereals were where you had to add a little bit of sugar to them. I walked to the fridge and grabbed the milk pitcher full of sweet, white milk. I then poured the milk slowly, but carefully into my bowl. As soon as the milk hit the Cheerios it made a little crackling sound. I dipped my spoon in the bowl and walked to the living room.

My phone was sitting on the armrest of the couch, I turned it on and looked at the voicemails, Cody, the boy from last night, called me and left a message saying he wanted to meet me at Starbucks. This meeting time was the same time Drake and I met up there. I guess it was fine and I should tell them I have a friend coming.

I walked to the bathroom and grabbed fresh clothes I had in there, I was too lazy to go upstairs and pick a better outfit, but I guess a light navy blue blouse with flowers above the boat neckline, and simple white shorts, and TOMS shoes, was just a fine outfit.

I made my way to the door until my sister, Regina, stopped me and said ,"What are you doing at this hour?" I looked nervous and said ,"Going to get coffee..." she tapped her foot lightly on the wood floors and said ,"Hmm... okay then, are you sure you're not seeing you know... umm... Drake? I stuffed my hands in my front pockets and said ,"I'm pretty sure I'm not." she walked off and said ,"Okay then." I then walked right out of the door making my way through the fresh, green, just-cut, grass. It smelled wonderful. I walked down the street slowly and walked to the blocks and made my way to the Starbucks shop. I said to myself please don't make the spirits come now and walked in. I saw Cody and went right to his table. He offered to order me something and I said ,"Caramel Frappechino, that's it." and smiled at him. He walked off and ordered it. I saw Drake arrive and he sat near me and I said ,"My friend Cody is joining us, is that okay?" he said ,"Haha of course." and smiled at me. My stomach had butterflies and I blushed lightly, trying not to be 100% flushed. Cody came back with my Frappechino and he had his Frappechino. He saw Drake and said ,"Hi, my name is Cody." and smirked at him. Drake said ,"Nice to meet you Cody, I'm Drake." I looked down and said ,"Aren't you going to order anything Drake?" He said ,"No, I have to go in a little bit anyways, my grandmother wants me to do a few things for her." I continued looking down and said ,"Oh okay."

We stopped talking for about 10 minutes, Cody and I kept drinking our coffee until Drake said ,"I have to go." Cody and I said ,"Bye! Nice talking to you." Cody then said after Drake had left ,"You know Harper, I don't like him very much." I said ,"Why is that?" He looked at me and said ,"He seems to macho, you know." I said ,"I've known him practically all my life and I don't think that." He smiled and said ,"I think he likes you, he likes you a lot." and winked. I was totally flushed at that statement and said ,"I never noticed..." Cody got done with his coffee and said ,"Oops, I have to go. Time for work." I said ,"Oh okay, bye Cody!" and smiled. He said ,"Bye Harpie Sharpie." He gave me a nickname... Harpie Sharpie... I like it... and smiled to myself.

- Harper

5 comments:

Erin said...

Allow me to be the first to say that

CODY IS THE MOST ADORABLE HUMAN BEING KNOWN TO MAN.

Have fun with Drake and Cody, Harpie Sharpie ;D

~Beth~

Kanani and Hazel said...

DRAKE HAS THIS WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL WOMAN SITTING IN FRONT OF HIM ALL HIS LIFE AND THEY HAVEN'T DATED YET?!
TEAM CODY TEAM CODY. ;D
Good luck Harpie Sharpie. Take this chance, I think this are great boys. XD

-Simona

Analin-and-Cailin said...

It's...it's like Peeta and Gale! Gale hangs with her for her for years and doesn't make a move, then Peeta comes into the picture! ;D
I LOVE it. I agree with Beth. Cody IS the most adorable human being known to man!

Allie said...

Wow Harpie Sharpie! You didn't fall off the roof and Die! what an acomplisment! Hmmm Drake doesn't seem macho....

Harper Evaligne Spektor said...

Hehe, thank you! The roof near my window doesn't have much of a slant. (In real life, Heidi sleeps on one during her summers...) Otherwise, thank you!

- Harper