Monday, August 29, 2011

Dampened Spirits

All on my own
I don't think that I have feared so
All on my own


That song chimed throughout my head for the past few weeks, and last night the lyrics were scattered in my head.

I woke up to a text from Cody reading Umm... haha do you want to go to that dance with me? :)

Sigh, I don't know who to go with... Maybe I have to think of it on my own.

I went to my closet and put on skinny jeans that were in a dark wash, then a simple forest green shirt, over that I had a quilted black jacket. It was a cool day today. Almost as if fall had hit. I walked a few feet to Drake's house. He was sitting on the porch and said ,"Come up here!" and smiled at me. I walked up the stairs and sat next to him. Loving the nice cool breeze he asked ,"Fall is coming soon, isn't it Harper?" I laughed a little and said ,"yes, and I'm so thankful." We looked out at the street and then I asked ,'So... who are you going to the dance with?" and pretended not to care. He said ,"I actually asked Gabrielle." I said with sadness ,"Oh, I see." He said ,"I would've gone with you, but you didn't respond." I looked out hearing the birds chirp. I told him ,"I have to go and do some things." He said ,"Oh okay."

I walked back home thinking why would he go with Gabrielle?! She's so rude and hates my guts and who I am. She's beautiful and I'm not. Gahhh. 

I grabbed my phone and called Cody and asked him if I could come over. He said in an instant, "yes." I smiled and got in my silver BMW. I drove a few miles to his house. Cody's house was beautiful. All cherry wood and bricked. Just gorgeous. I knocked on the door and he came and said ,"Hey Harpie!" and smiled at me. I blushed a bit and said ,"Hello Cody!" He invited me inside where he had made lemonade and offered to take my jacket off. He did and I accidentally hit his hand lightly, I felt a pulsing heat. Like nothing I had felt before, sort of weird I guess. I sat down and drank some lemonade. I then said ,"I would like to go to the dance with you." And smiled. He asked ,"Oh good! Didn't Drake ask you though?" I said ,"Yes, he did. But he decided he's going with someone else." We both were quiet and spent the next few hours talking about various subjects. It was already noon and of course my mother wanted me to be home for lunch. I told him ,"Bye Cody!" and smiled. He hugged me tightly and said ,"Bye Harpie!" I walked off and got in my car and drove away.

- Harper

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait.... You told Cody "Bye Drake!" ? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Harper Evaligne Spektor said...

Thank you for pointing that out... But you could've said it more politely... Yet, thank thank.

- Heidi

You know, I can't stop thinking about him. -____-

- Harper

Harper Evaligne Spektor said...

you*

So many annoying typos.

- Heidi

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to your blog!! =) I love it!

Harper Evaligne Spektor said...

I'm very glad you like it! :)

- Heidi and Harper

Anonymous said...

Awww :D
~Abby