Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pendulums

The room smelled like hospital chemicals, sterile items such as needles, bandages, and wrap, and it smelled too clean, way too clean to be exact.

I opened my eyes willingly, moving my fingers very slowly I looked over and say Cody sleeping. At least, I thought he was sleeping. It was 7:00 in the morning and they had been checking IV's all night. I was exhausted and I had lost some of my memory of things. I tried to remember when I was last night and how I got here. Cody woke up and smiled at me. I asked him ,"What happened?" He said ,"You just fainted, that's all." I closed my eyes again and said ,"Really? I thought other things has happened as well, maybe I was just a little sick though." He looked over at the door and back to my ,"Probably Harper, probably." The nurse came into the room and checked me. She said ,"Now you are free to go." I looked at her and said ,"Thank you."

Cody walked me out and outside. I felt the even cooler fall wind sweep across my face blowing my hair gently. I smelled the fresh air and looked ahead at all the wonderful colors. I smiled and whispered to myself ,'Fall is here." Cody helped me into the car and drove off into the street where the fallen street leaves whooshed behind.

-Harper

No comments: